Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Wichita State University PA Program
Chair and Program Director, Wichita State University
Wichita, Mid-West, Education, KS 67260 United States
Salary commensurate with experience
We are looking for a Physician Assistant who is prepared to lead an already successful PA program into a new phase of peak performance. After 40 years of sustained success, the Wichita State University Physician Assistant Program is a leader in physician assistant education.
Our PA program enjoys several unique advantages. First, our history of graduating successful professional clinicians is well established. We have graduated more than 1,200 students who went on to become certified physician assistants. WSU graduates consistently have a first time pass rate on the NCCPA certifying exam above the national average. Second, we have a dedicated faculty with more than 80 years of combined teaching and research experience. Their 100 plus years of clinical experience provides students the opportunity to learn from faculty who are actively engaged in clinical practice. Third, our program is located in the College of Health Professions which provides the opportunity for PA students to interact with other students in health professions. The college has placed significant value on interprofessional education. Finally, WSU PA faculty members have access to a generous monetary fund designated specifically for their professional development and travel.
Responsibilities: The Department Chair and Program Director (PD) assumes leadership and management responsibilities for the Department of Physician Assistant. These responsibilities include oversight for PA department administration (admissions, budget, personnel, program development, faculty development, course scheduling, strategic planning, and oversight of activities related to ongoing program assessment and accreditation), submission and administration of grants, and promoting collaborative scholarship and interprofessional educational programs within the College of Health Professions. The PD will also be responsible for carrying out the usual duties of a regular faculty member related to teaching, scholarship, service and advising. The PD is a member of the College Executive Council and will be fully engaged in the adaptive challenges facing the college.
Education, training, experience:
• Graduate of an accredited physician assistant program or medical school, or
• Advanced health related degree from a regionally accredited institution (e.g., master or doctorate in physician assistant studies, medicine, basic science, education, or public health), and
• Minimum of three years’ clinical practice experience, and
• Minimum of two years teaching experience in an academic or health related setting
• Current NCCPA certification (PA) or physician certification by ABMS- or AOA-approved specialty board
• Current licensure in Kansas (or eligibility to obtain license)
• Evidence of effective leadership and management skills
• Record of successful scholarship commensurate with the rank of Assistant Professor
• Experience in a collaborative/inter-professional team environment
Terms & Conditions